Fully qualified through Mental Health First Aid England, we offer a wide range of experienced support to help you ensure that staff mental well being is a priority in your organisation.
We offer specific training for employees on key skills including, enabling you to develop mental health awareness in your workforce
Create a mental health aware workforce
This introductory four hour session raises awareness of mental health for all staff. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Managers who are mental health champions
This one day, face to face course qualifies is aimed at line managers and qualifies them as an MHFA Champion, giving:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
Create Mental Health First Aiders
This two day, face to face course qualifies individuals as a Mental Health First Aider, giving:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Great training is a great start. But that investment will fade unless you develop a culture that maintains momentum.
Your Mental Health Strategy Support starts with where your organisation is, understands where it wants to get to, and identifies the activities, training and approaches that will help you get there.
Benchmarking current position:
- Business focus – products/services/make up/demographic etc
- Facts and figures- sickness absence, employee surveys etc
- Understand where you want to get to:
- What’s the focus? What’s the investment level? What’s the priority?
Options to enable it including:
- Identifying any existing, free resources to pull in (no wheel reinvention here – there is lots of great stuff out there!)
- Training – to develop knowledge, create points of expertise
- Figure out what works for your organisation – there are so many ways – but lunchtime yoga doesn’t help if the workforce are mainly dispersed, and often it is less about creating ‘gestures’ and more about instilling better language and greater understanding.
A great mental health strategy is one that reflects where YOUR organisation is, and where YOUR organisation wants to get to, with tactics and approaches that suit the individuals and the make-up of YOUR organisation.
25 years of management experience in large scale organisations, coupled with significant direct experience of mental ill health in the workplace as a manager and personally, brings a rounded and personal approach to capturing an approach that will create and maintain a positive healthy momentum towards an open and informed culture around mental health.
Start building a healthy business today.
Musters Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7PW