Mental ill-health is the biggest cause of productivity loss in the workplace
Developing positive, supportive mental health culture develops a productive, enthusiastic and loyal workforce
Start your organisation’s change today
Mental Health – the biggest cause of productivity loss in the workplace
- 1 in 3 people in the UK workforce have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point in their lifetime (source: Business in the Community 2018)
- 91% of employees say they had increased understanding of mental health issues in their workplace as a result of MHFA training
- 87% reported more mental health conversations happening at work as a result of MHFA training
- 83% reported improved procedures for signposting to further support
(Source Results of a survey across 81 organisations asking employees what had changed as a result of MHFA training).
Mental Ill-health: the biggest cause of sickness absence in the UK
- Mental ill health is responsible for 91 million working days lost and costs UK employers £34.9 billion each year
- Stress, Anxiety and Depression are the biggest cause of sickness absence in our society
Why change your focus on mental health in the workplace?
Reduce Sickness Absence
Research shows that the average organisation loses 35 days per year, per employee to a mix of absenteeism and presenteeism (showing up for work but being under par, not able to work as effectively). Any effort to reduce this can significantly increase productivity and efficiency
Unhappy, unwell staff will seek relief by changing jobs. Failure to recognises early signs of stress and overwhelm results in losing valued staff and suffering the inefficiencies of high staff turn-over.
Increase Morale and Productivity
Happy people who feel supported demonstrate higher degrees of loyalty and focus in their jobs. A supportive line manager who is able to spot, discuss and support early signs of mental ill health generates dedicated employees who return the investment in commitment and performance.
How we can help
Fully qualified through Mental Health First Aid England, we offer a wide range of experienced support to help you ensure that staff mental well being is a priority in your organisation.
Start building a healthy business today.
Musters Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7PW